Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Granola and Yogurt

Some of my favorite people in the world are coming to visit me at Camp Tulloch this weekend!!! I've made some delicious granola for them to have while they're here...I hope you try this recipe at home, it's real simple (yes, pun intended), just make sure you don't burn it!!! It will go from brown to black very quickly. While the ladies are here I plan on showing them the Kings Land, the big C-Town and maybe even shoot some guns...I mean, we all know it wouldn't be a women's retreat without a good gun shooting.
My super simple Granola recipe
4 cups oats
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
raisins (optional) or other dried fruit
Combine all ingredients except for the oats and raisins and thoroughly mix together. Add oats and coat. Put on two baking sheets so it's spread out. Bake in an oven set to 325 for 10 minutes. Pull out, toss around with a spatula and put back in oven for another 8 minutes. Remove and let cool on wax paper so it doesn't continue browning on the hot sheet pan. Allow to cool completely before storing. Granola will become more crisp as it cools. Add dried fruit after you remove it from the oven.
This granola is great with Windy Ridge Farms Yogurt- Local from a farm in West Potsdam!


4 comments:

Bridget said...

sarah! im definitely trying this. and for oats, thats just like quaker oatmeal, right? enlighten me oh wise one!

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Windy Ridge Dairy yogurt! Why haven't you called me???? -Lisa
P.S. I have to have a google account in order to comment. That stinks1

Ryan said...

can't wait to try this! I love granola.
Ryan

Diego said...

That is a lot of oil! And a lot of honey and syrup!

A good alternative is the Everyday Food magazine granola recipe.